The chair is ascribed to the Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology that coordinates the official master’s in nutrition and Metabolism, taught in collaboration with the University of Barcelona. Its director is Begoña Muguerza, associate professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology at the Rovira y Virgili University and a researcher in the Nutrigenomics research group.
The purpose of the CUdN is to promote the knowledge of nutraceuticals in the educational, professional and social fields through the promotion of dissemination, teaching and research activities that allow the progress and development of this discipline in our country.
CUdN was born with the mission of generating, disseminating, and transferring knowledge about nutraceuticals from different but complementary perspectives such as the industrial, professional and educational world. The creation of these synergies will be the basis for future spaces for debate, collaboration and development in this field of study.
The specific objectives of the CUdN are to contribute to the training of students so that they can face the new challenges in the field of nutraceuticals, promote their labor insertion in the business and industrial world, promote the training of professionals in the health world, promote scientific meetings to disseminate Nutaceutica and, lastly, create new lines of research in this innovative field of study.
To achieve its objectives, the CUdN will carry out different activities, some of the main ones will include:
- The granting of scholarships to students of the Official Master's Degree in Nutrition and Metabolism (URV-UB) for internships in the innovation department of the Uriach laboratories. Where they will know first-hand the complete life cycle of the development of products related to nutraceuticals.
- The establishment of an annual award related to nutraceuticals for the students of the Official Master's Degree in Nutrition and Metabolism (URV-UB).
- The teaching participation of professionals from the Uriach laboratories in the Official Master's Degree in Nutrition and Metabolism (URV-UB) to give a vision of nutraceuticals from an industrial and professional point of view.
- The organization of specialized courses and conferences aimed at professionals and students where nutraceuticals will be exposed and discussed.
22 September 2020
Presentation Catedra Uriach de Nutracèutica
Universitat Rovira i virgili
30 November 2020
The call is open to apply for the CUdN internship scholarship. For more information, see the CUdN / Scholarship section
The Uriach Chair of Nutraceuticals (CUdN), as an essential part of its activities, has established an annual award to reward the Master’s Thesis that are carried out within the Interuniversity Master's Degree in Nutrition and Metabolism (URV-UB), and whose theme framing in the field of Nutraceuticals.
This award aims to be an incentive element to promote innovative and excellent work in this field of study, promote new lines of research and, finally, bring the world of academic and scientific research closer to students who are studying this master's degree.
To celebrate this first year of operation of the CUdN, the Uriach Foundation and the Social Council of the Rovira i Virgili University have decided to announce an extraordinary award that will have a special prize for the winner.
The rules of the award will be available soon.
Within the activities carried out by the Uriach Chair in Nutraceuticals (CUdN) in the Interuniversity Master in Nutrition and Metabolism at the Rovira i Virgili University (URV) and the University of Barcelona (UB), a Scholarship is announced for the realization of practices in the department of Innovation of Uriach for the accomplishment of the Master’s Thesis.
Competition rules HERE
Uriach is a dedicated healthcare company with international sales in more than 70 countries around the world. Our main objective is to improve the quality of life and well-being of people around the world through products and services that always maintain the quality and ethics that we have traditionally guaranteed.
Created more than 180 years ago, Uriach is currently the oldest laboratory in Spain and the second in Europe. Our purposes are collective and are the result of integrating heritage and project. We are history and past, and we are also future and innovation, the ability to transform and open new paths.
The main objective of Uriach's Innovation Consumer Healthcare department is to offer the company the most innovative product portfolio on the market and to drive general innovation throughout the company and its subsidiaries in Portugal and Italy.
This scholarship is included within the work processes of the Project Management, which has the mission of coordinating project management, defining the scope, time, cost and risk, as well as the execution and launches of the products in different countries.
We hope that:
- You are excited to be part of our team.
- Be able to manage and organize documentation, as well as coordinate with the different departments.
- Show a dynamic, proactive attitude and teamwork skills.
- You have an interest in the sector of nutrition, food supplements and health products.
The call for the Scholarship will be available soon