In its desire to promote studies on the past of the Health Sciences, the Fundación Uriach 1838 has instituted an annual international award, which will be awarded to the best work that, in the opinion of a designated jury, deals with a topic on History and Health Sciences.
Your grant will be tailored to the following
1. The LII Uriach Foundation Prize “History of Medicine” corresponding to 2021 is endowed with 3,000 euros for the winner and a second prize of 1,000 euros, if the jury considers it appropriate.
2. The monographs that compete for the Prize must be original and unpublished, not being accepted those that at the time of the award have been published totally or partially, as well as those presented to other competitions.
3. The works must be presented in electronic format together with a printed copy with double spacing and a recommended extension of 80,000 characters, with spaces, including bibliography or documentary references, as well as complementary iconography.
4. The originals written in the Spanish language will be sent to the Uriach Foundation, the maximum delivery date being July 1, 2021 under the motto and escrow system, without the signature of the author or authors, whose identification must appear on a sealed envelope in turn identified with the same motto of the original work.
5. The LII Uriach Foundation Prize "History of Medicine" will be awarded by a Jury whose decision will be made public during the month of November 2021.
6. After the award of the Prize, the secretary of the Jury will proceed to the opening of the tender corresponding to the winner and, where appropriate, the second prize.
7. In the event that the Jury deems it appropriate, the winning work, as well as other works presented, may be published in the digital magazine "Pharmacy, Medicine and History", always in agreement with the authors.
8. The awarded monographs will remain the property of the Uriach 1838 Foundation, which will have the right of publication for the next three years after the award of the Prize. If during this period such publication is not made, the publication rights will revert to the author who may do so where he decides, with the obligation to name the Prize won. The works not awarded nor selected for publication will be destroyed without the opening of their tenders.
9. Participation in this contest implies full acceptance of the bases of this call.
Palau-solità i Plegamans, january 2021
Correspondence related to this Call should be addressed to:
Fundación Uriach 1838
Pol. Industrial Riera de Caldes. Av.Camí Reial, 51-57
08184 Palau-solità i Plegamans (Barcelona)
firstname.lastname@example.org - (34) 93 863 02 25