The next July 1 is the deadline for the submission of the papers submitted to the 50th Uriach Foundation Prize "History of Medicine".
In its desire to promote studies on the past of Health Sciences, the Uriach Foundation 1838 has instituted an annual award of international scope that, based on the opinion of a jury appointed for that purpose, will be awarded to the best work dealing with a topic on history and health sciences.
1. The L Prize Uriach Foundation "History of Medicine" for 2019 is endowed with 3,000 euros for the winner and a second prize of 1,000 euros, if the jury considers it appropriate.
2. The monographs that opt for the Prize must be original and unpublished, not being accepted those that at the time of the award have been published in whole or in part, as well as those submitted to other competitions.
3. The works must be submitted in a text file in electronic format (not pdf) together with a printed copy with double line spacing and a recommended extension of 80,000 characters, with spaces, including bibliography or documentary references, as well as complementary iconography.
4. The originals written in Spanish will be sent to the Uriach Foundation, with the maximum date of delivery on July 1, 2019, under the slogan and escrow system, without the signature of the author or authors, whose identification must appear on a envelope closed in turn identified with the same motto of the original work.
5. The U Foundation Prize "History of Medicine" will be awarded by a jury whose decision will be made public during the month of October 2019.
6. After the award of the Prize, the secretary of the Jury will proceed to the opening of the escrow corresponding to the winner and, where appropriate, to the second prize.
7. In the event that the Jury deems it appropriate, the winning work, as well as other submitted works, may be published in the journal Farmacia, Medicina y Historia, always in agreement with the authors.
8. The works not awarded or selected for publication will be destroyed without the opening of their applications.
9. Participation in this contest implies full acceptance of the bases of this call.
Palau-solità i Plegamans, November 2018
Correspondence related to this call should be addressed to:
Fundación Uriach 1838
Pol. Industrial Riera de Caldes. Av.Camí Reial, 51-57
08184 Palau-solità i Plegamans (Barcelona)
firstname.lastname@example.org - (34) 93 863 02 25